Noon Prayer 8.23.2023
Mountain of Government
This is one of the most influential and important areas of influence in our culture because it establishes laws and decrees that affect and control every other mountain. We are partnering with the Lord, “Your Kingdom come. Your will be done on the Mountain of Government as it is in heaven.” –Matthew 6:10
Thanksgiving: Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him and bless His name. (Psalm 100:4, NKJV)
- We are thankful to be living in the United States of America, where we can worship the Lord freely. Thank you, Lord, for the freedoms we enjoy every day.
- We thank You that we began as one nation under God, and we declare we remain one nation under God.
- We are thankful for the overturning of Roe vs. Wade by our Supreme Court.
- We are thankful for the recent ruling from the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals on mifepristone (an abortion pill). Their ruling kept in place part of Judge Kacsmaryk’s decision from several months ago. The ruling ends the drug’s availability by mail and limits its use for up to seven weeks of pregnancy, rather than 10. The court’s decision also requires mifepristone to be prescribed by a doctor after an in-person visit. The drug will, however, remain on the shelf and these restrictions will not be in effect until the case makes its way through the appeals process and is heard by the Supreme Court. We are asking the Lord to assign angels to this case to prevent this drug from ever being used in America again.
- We are thankful that we have a promise from You that during this very time, YOU will arise over our people, and we will see Your glory. Thank You, God that Your glory is now being revealed across this nation. Thank You, God, that people are running to Your light, kings and leaders are running to Your light, and through Your glory and Your word our nation is being transformed, even today! (Isaiah 60:2-3 NKJV) For behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and deep darkness the people; But the Lord will arise over you, and His glory will be seen upon you. The Gentiles shall come to your light, and kings to the brightness of your rising.
Repentance: If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land. (2 Chronicles 7:14 NKJV)
- We submit to you God, and we ask you to forgive the sins of this nation, our state, and our cities.
- Lord, we repent for not consistently praying for our government leaders including city, county, state, and national leaders.
- We repent of talking negatively and/or cursing those you have allowed to be in leadership. (Ephesians 4:29)
- We repent for dishonoring those you have placed in authority over our city, county, state, and nation.
“Therefore, I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, for kings and all who are in authority.”
-1 Timothy 2:1-2
(Take time weekly to pray for members and leaders of each branch of government at all levels and their support staff.)
- Pray that the principles and truths of God’s Word will once again oversee our nation.
- Pray for divine protection and open doors of favor to cover those in authority.
- Pray for Godly leaders to influence the government with the integrity of God’s heart.
- Pray for righteous leaders who establish laws based on the justice of God’s moral law. That justice and righteousness will be the measuring line for the laws of our city, state, and nation according to Isaiah 28:17. “And I will make justice the measuring line and righteousness the mason’s level.”
- Pray that our political leaders will live a lifestyle that showcases honorable behavior.
- Pray for upright and honorable leaders who operate with clean hands and pure hearts.
- Pray for the Lord to appoint Godly leaders to rule and reign over governmental matters.
- Pray that God will bless, empower, and enlighten those who are in authority over us.
- We decree that all plots, schemes, and devices of the evil one for our city, county, state, and nation will be exposed and brought to nothing.
- We decree that we are still one nation under God.
- We decree that our leaders will rule in a manner that reflects the love and authority of Christ. By faith, we decree that our leaders and those who work with them will trust in You with all of their hearts and not depend on their own understanding. They will seek Your will in all that they do, and as they do this, we trust that You will show them which path to take. We declare that they will not be impressed with their own wisdom, but they will fear You and turn away from evil. Your Word admonishes that a house divided against itself cannot stand; therefore, we decree that our leaders, on every level, will work together with leaders around the world for the good of all people. Our leaders will turn away from division and evil and do good; they will search for peace and work to maintain it.