Noon Prayer 8.30.2023
Mountain of Family
This sphere of society includes all families, people who work as counselors, ministers, social workers, educators, government officials that write, approve, and carry out laws that affect the family unit, and those in any aspect of culture that deals with family life.
We want to give thanks for our families.
Ephesians 5:15-20 (HCSB) Pay careful attention, then, to how you walk-not as unwise people but as wise- 16 making the most of the time, because the days are evil. 17 So don’t be foolish, but understand what the Lord’s will is. 18 And don’t get drunk with wine, which [leads to] reckless actions, but be filled with the Spirit: 19 speaking to one another in psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs, singing and making music to the Lord in your heart, 20 giving thanks always for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, 21 submitting to one another in the fear of Christ.
- Lord, we are thankful for our families. No matter what is going on within, we are thankful and we believe that you are bringing healing and restoration.
- Thank you for your blessings on our families.
- We are asking for an infilling of Your Spirit that will empower us to respond to our family in love.
A major influence on this mountain is the spirit of rejection (the refusal to accept, consider, submit to, hear, receive, or admit), this is the opposite of love and acceptance.
Pray for freedom and healing from a spirit of rejection within our families.
14 All those led by God’s Spirit are God’s sons. 15 For you did not receive a spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption, by whom we cry out, “Abba, Father!” 16 The Spirit Himself testifies together with our spirit that we are God’s children, 17 and if children, also heirs, heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, seeing that we suffer with Him so that we may also be glorified with Him.
13 Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.
- Pray that husbands will love their wives as Christ loves the church. (Ephesians 5:23). Pray that husbands will love their wives as their own bodies, nurturing and caring for her (Ephesians 5:28–29, 33) and that husbands will cling to the wife of their youth (Ephesians 5:31, Proverbs 5:15–23, Ecclesiastes 9:9, Malachi 2:14–16). Pray that wives will respect, honor, and mutually submit to their husbands (Ephesians 5: 22, 33, Colossians 3:18).
- Pray for broken marriages to be restored.
- Pray for families that have gone through divorce, that there will be inner healing for everyone involved, and that joy and love will return to them.
Parents and Children:
And he will turn the hearts of fathers to [their] children and the hearts of children to their fathers. Otherwise, I will come and strike the land with a curse. (Malachi 4:6 HCSB)
- Pray that fathers will be careful not to stir up anger in their children but lovingly, wisely, and patiently train them in the ways of the Lord (Ephesians 6:4).
- Pray parents will create an atmosphere of joy that celebrates obedience in their homes, and children will desire to obey their parents because they know obedience pleases God (Colossians 3:20).
Family/Next Gen Ministry:
- Pray for our children’s, youth, and young adult ministries and their leaders.
- Pray for our schools at all levels, that our children will be children of God and will be known by others as the children of God (Isaiah 51:16, Romans 8:14–15).
- Pray that God will teach our children, make them prosperous, keep them from oppression and terror, not allow any weapon formed against them to prosper, and refute any accusations made against His righteous children (Isaiah 54:13–17).
We can break through in prayer and create an umbrella of influence in the Spirit where righteous enactments are made, no matter who is in office. (Esther 8)
- Pray for Godly men and women to be appointed to the Supreme Court.
- Pray for the fear of the Lord to instruct our Supreme Court Justices.
- Pray for the laws and ordinances that govern the family be written with Biblical values and influence.
- Pray that our welfare laws would be adjusted to promote and strengthen a strong family unit, and that financial factors will not be the primary consideration.