Noon Prayer 9.13.2023
Praying for the Nations
(Mountain of Religion)
Matthew 28 tells us that all authority in heaven and on earth has been given to Jesus, and with that authority, He tells us to go and make disciples of all nations. The original Greek word for nations here is ethnos (referring to linguistic people groups or groups of people with their own language and culture.) The Lord cares about all the people of the world and wants every person to be saved, but there are still over 2 billion people who have never heard the Gospel before (operationworld.org). This should move us to pray for the nations. Even though we don’t always see the effects of our prayers, prayer is a powerful weapon that we can use to bring the Kingdom of Heaven here to Earth.
These prayer points can be used to pray for all nations as Holy Spirit leads you.
Today we are praying for seven specific nations located in Asia: Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Laos, Vietnam, Philippines, and Thailand.
Matthew 28:18-19 (HCSB) 18 Then Jesus came near and said to them, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
2 Chronicles 7:14-15 (HCSB) 14 and My people who are called by My name humble themselves, pray and seek My face, and turn from their evil ways, then I will hear from heaven, forgive their sin, and heal their land. 15 My eyes will now be open and My ears attentive to prayer from this place.
- Pray for a spirit of repentance to fall on the nation.
- Pray that the Lord will forgive the nation for their sins against Him.
- Pray for God to intervene in any crisis that the nation is currently facing.
- Pray for the nation to have a desire for the One True God.
- Pray that they will desire to seek the Lord God Almighty first, more than anything else.
- Pray that the governmental and political leaders of the nation will have a personal encounter with Jesus.
Matthew 9: 37-38 (HCSB) 37 Then He said to His disciples, “The harvest is abundant, but the workers are few. 38 Therefore, pray to the Lord of the harvest to send out workers into His harvest.”
- Pray for the protection of the spiritual leaders of that nation.
- Pray for an increase in the number of spiritual leaders of that nation.
- Pray protection for the missionaries in that nation and for the power of Holy Spirit to endue them like never before.
- Pray that more believers will answer the call to go into this nation to share the gospel and to make disciples.
2 Thessalonians 3:1 (HCSB) 1 Finally, pray for us, brothers, that the Lord’s message may spread rapidly and be honored, just as it was with you,
- Pray for the Gospel to go forth in all the land of this nation.
- Pray that the wealthy will use their resources to spread the Gospel throughout the land.
- Pray against any hindering spirit or principality that is causing the spread of the Gospel in this nation to be obstructed. Command that spirit to be silenced and stopped.
Ephesians 6:18 (HCSB) 18 With every prayer and request, pray at all times in the Spirit, and stay alert in this, with all perseverance and intercession for all the saints.
- Pray for the protection of the saints in this nation.
- Pray for the angels of the Lord to be dispatched to the Christians of this nation for their protection. (Isaiah 54:17 HCSB) No weapon formed against you will succeed, and you will refute any accusation raised against you in court. This is the heritage of the Lord’s servants, and their righteousness is from Me. This is the Lord’s declaration.
- Ask the Lord to keep the saints hidden from those who seek to persecute them.
- Pray for strength and mercy for our brothers and sisters.
1 Corinthians 1:10 (HCSB) 10 Now I urge you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all say the same thing, that there be no divisions among you, and that you be united with the same understanding and the same conviction.
- Pray for unity within the family of Christ in this nation and around the world.
1Timothy 2:1-4 (HCSB) 1 First of all, then, I urge that petitions, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for everyone, 2 for kings and all those who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity. 3 This is good, and it pleases God our Savior, 4 who wants everyone to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.
- Pray that the governing leaders of this nation will be saved.
- Pray that these leaders will have pure hearts and integrity.
- Pray for the removal of all corruption.
- Pray for Biblical legislation that will bless the nation to be passed.
Resources to help you pray for the nations: