Noon Prayer 9.20.2023
Refiner’s Gate (Dung Gate)
The Refiner’s Gate or Dung Gate represents deliverance or elimination. It’s a picture of forgiving and letting go of. It’s an image of getting rid of things that are unhealthy in our lives. A place where we can allow Holy Spirit to purify our hearts. We are petitioning the Lord today for Tampa Bay to experience His refining fire, so that we will turn away from evil and return to Him as a region. We decree that we will once again be known as the Bay of the Holy Spirit.
It is the work of the Holy Spirit to convict us of sin. John 16:8 (ASV) And he, when he is come, will convict the world in respect of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment and apply the cleansing work of God in us, Titus 3:5 (HCSB) He saved us – not by works of righteousness that we had done, but according to His mercy, through the washing of regeneration and renewal by the Holy Spirit.
- Father, we ask you to search our hearts today and reveal to us any offensive way in us. We ask that you forgive us for anything that we have done or that we are now doing which is sinful.
- Lord, the scripture says in the book of 1 John 1:9, If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. Lord, I confess my sins before you, I pray that by your mercy you will forgive me in the name of Jesus.
- Pray that as we, who are called by His name, turn from our wicked ways and seek His face that we will see Him forgive our sins and heal our land.
It is the work of the Holy Spirit to convict us of sin. John 16:7-8 (HCSB) Nevertheless, I am telling you the truth. It is for your benefit that I go away, because if I don’t go away the Counselor will not come to you. If I go, I will send Him to you. 8 When He comes, He will convict the world about sin, righteousness, and judgment:
- Lord, we are repenting today on behalf of the entire Tampa Bay region. Forgive us Lord, we pray. We take the sins of this region to the refiner’s gate and ask that you purify us.
- We specifically repent for the human trafficking that is taking place in our region. Lord, let every human trafficking ring and perpetrator be exposed and brought to justice.
- We ask that You forgive us of all other corruption that is taking place in the Tampa Bay region.
- Lord, forgive us, the Church, for allowing competition and division to come between us. Help us all to work together in unity to transform this region for Your glory.
- Pray that as we, who are called by His name, turn from our wicked ways and seek His face that we will see Him forgive our sins and heal our land. 2 Chronicles 7:14 (NIV) if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Matthew 3:11 (HCSB) “I baptize you with water for repentance, but the One who is coming after me is more powerful than I. I am not worthy to take off His sandals. He Himself will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.
- We pray that as we metaphorically pass through the Refiner’s Gate, that we will experience a fresh filling of Holy Spirit.
- We pray for a fresh fire to begin to burn on the altar of our life.
- We come against every form of lukewarmness in our spirit man. Pray for a baptism of His fire.
- Pray for a double portion of His Spirit to be poured out on us and this entire region.
- Pray for revival to fall in our homes, our church, our neighborhoods, our schools and businesses, and the entire Tampa Bay region.
We pray for healthy relationships within our families, our church, and our communities. Healthy relationships will create “dung.” It is natural for healthy relationships in the Body of Christ to create issues as the normal process of spiritual growth and maturity. Difficulties, problems, disappointments, offenses, and such are all normal parts of healthy relationships. They are part of life. How we deal with them, and how we deal with the issues that our relationships create will determine how healthy and strong our spiritual lives will be. (HUMAN)
- Pray that we will forgive those who have wronged us or offended us.
- Pray that we will let go of all offense.
- Pray that pastors and churches within this region will put aside all differences, forgive one another, and build strong relationships.
- We declare that we are a body of believers, here at The Crossing, that are not easily offended, and we offer forgiveness freely.